Solution: The You can use the 301 redirect method to redirect old web pages / web site to the new pages and or new web site permanently. This is the best and safest method to preserve your current search engine rankings when redirecting web pages and or a web site. The 301 redirect can be implement by creating a .htaccess file. When someone searches for a requested page then the web server checks the .htaccess file and redirects the request based on the redirection instructions specified in the file.
Steps to create 301 redirection:
1. Connect to the web server (generally using FTP client) and download the .htaccess files to your computer. If the file doesn’t exists then open notepad and create a simple .txt file called htaccess.txt
2. Put the following code in your .htaccess file:
redirect 301 /old.html http://www.domain name.com/new.html
4. If the .htaccess file already exists and have code in it then, skip a line and add the above mentioned code.
5. Save the htaccess.txt file and upload this file to the root folder of your server (remember to switch the FTP client to binary mode before uploading the file).
6. Rename the file to .htaccess
Google estimates that it takes 6-8 weeks to see the changes reflected on your pages.